CEDAM POLICY PRIORITIES & ADVOCACY EFFORTS
CEDAM members strengthen neighborhoods, provide economic opportunities, and develop and preserve affordable housing in their communities. CEDAM advocates for policies that empower our members to sustain and expand their work. Our policy priorities are determined by CEDAM and our members every new state legislative cycle.
CEDAM supports and advocates for thriving neighborhoods, economic opportunity, equitable development, and housing security.
Additional advocacy and coalition work
CEDAM leads several coalitions working to increase collaboration among leaders in the field and other sectors. This coalition work supports our efforts to advance our policy agenda and other policies that have positive outcomes for Michigan residents and communities.
- Coalition for Strong and Healthy Communities
- Michigan Economic Impact Coalition (MEIC)
- MI Children’s Savings Account (CSA) Network
CEDAM is also a partner with the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC). We work with the NLIHC to support their HoUSed Campaign and other federal advocacy efforts.
Notably important to CEDAM is sustainable and increased funding for housing and community development programs including:
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
- New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC)
- National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF)
- Community Development Block Grant (GDBG) Program, and more