Show Me The Money Day Host Sites Application
- SMTMD 2023 Host Site Applications Are Now Open!
- Link to apply: https://bit.ly/smtmd-apply
What You Need To Know To Host An Event In Your Community:
Show Me the Money Day is a series of free, public financial resource fairs throughout Michigan. These annual events take place in January to June in order to kick off tax time and promote savings. They feature free and low-cost financial products, workshops, games, prizes, food, and fun.
The events are planned and executed by CEDAM member organizations. Host Site organizations tailor events to fit their communities’ needs.
CEDAM’s role is to provide technical assistance and support surrounding the events. For 2023 events, CEDAM provides the following:
- Host Site Training
- SMTMD Event Planning Tool Kit
- Mini-grants of up to $500 per event (based on event need)
- Marketing templates and limited graphic design support
- One-on-one technical assistance
- Monthly technical assistance calls
- Data collection and reporting support
If you would like to get involved, become a sponsor, or learn more about an event in your area, please contact Brian Rakovitis.
For 2023, host sites may offer any of the following event formats:
- In-person: Considered our traditional event format, an in-person event is a one-day event lasting between 4-8 hours, typically hosted at a community center or public building, with workshops, vendor resource tables, food, fun, and prizes.
- Virtual: Hosted online, a virtual event may consist of a single-day event or broken into small sessions across several days. Much like in-person events, attendees can participate in workshops, giveaways, and chat with vendors.
- Hybrid: Combination in-person and virtual event, allowing individuals to attend in-person or online. Hybrid events will stream workshops online as well as provide additional opportunities for folks to participate from home.
Event guidelines are designed to be flexible and allow host sites to better respond to community conditions and adhere to all local, state, and federal guidelines related to COVID-19.
Show Me The Money Day 2022-23 Timeline
As a statewide event comprised of several organizations, it is important for host sites to participate in CEDAM’s prescribed timeline in order to ensure a successful SMTMD event. The SMTMD 2022-23 timeline serves as a reminder for tasks, goals, and other event planning details including:
- October 24 – SMTMD host site application closes
- October 28 – Selected host sites are notified, and an invitation to Virtual Training Day
- November 10 – Virtual Training Day
- November through June – Monthly TA calls with host sites
- December 9 – Host Site Event Details Deadline
- December 31 – Additional Graphic Request Deadline
- Ongoing (Within 2 weeks of your event date) – Submit participant survey
- July 14 – End of season call to host sites
- August 25 – 2023 SMTMD impact graphic
*If prior commitments make it impossible for your organization to send a representative to the planning meeting, please contact Magdalena Rivera before submitting this application to make arrangements to fulfill this requirement at another date. Brian can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.485.3588
Host Site Training
- Host Site Training
- Host Site Training is mandatory for all host sites (at least one person from your organization must attend)
- This training is free and will include best practices, breakout groups, basecamp training, marketing, event planning, and fundraising information.
- Training will be hosted virtually