Attend An Event
Show Me the Money Day
Host Site Applications for Show Me the Money Day 2021
- SMTMD 2022 Host Site Applications Are Now Open!
Hosting a Show Me the Money Day Event in Your Community: What You Need To Know
Show Me the Money Day is a series of free, public financial resource fairs throughout Michigan. These annual events take place in January and April in order to kick off tax time and promote savings. They feature free and low-cost financial products, workshops, games, prizes, food, and fun.
The events are planned and executed by CEDAM member organizations. Host Site organizations tailor events to fit their communities’ needs.
CEDAM’s role is to provide technical assistance and support surrounding the events. For 2022 events, CEDAM provides the following:
- Host Site Training
- SMTMD Event Planning Tool Kit
- Mini-grants of up to $500 per event (based on event need)
- Marketing templates and limited graphic design support
- One-on-one technical assistance
- Monthly technical assistance calls
- Data collection and reporting support
If you would like to get involved, become a sponsor, or learn more about an event in your area, please contact Brian Rakovitis.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, CEDAM would like to introduce a new set of event guidelines to help you plan your 2022 Show Me the Money Day event.
Prior to March 2020, all Show Me the Money Events were required to be hosted in-person; moving forward host sites may offer any of the following event formats:
- In-person: Considered our traditional event format, an in-person event is a one-day event lasting between 4-8 hours, typically hosted at a community center or public building, with workshops, vendor resource tables, food, fun, and prizes.
- Virtual: Hosted online, a virtual event may consist of a single-day event or broken into small sessions across several days. Much like in-person events, attendees can participate in workshops, giveaways, and chat with vendors.
- Hybrid: Combination in-person and virtual event, allowing individuals to attend in-person or online. Hybrid events will stream workshops online as well as provide additional opportunities for folks to participate from home.
- Informational Campaign: In communities where in-person or virtual events are not possible, host sites can offer an extended outreach and informational campaign. Host sites should conduct a range of outreach activities, including, but not limited to email, phone, mail, and door-to-door information drops. They can also consider pairing with food distributions and other services to distribute information packets.
Please reference the SMTMD Event Guideline Supplemental for more information. Event guidelines are designed to be flexible and allow host sites to better respond to community conditions and adhere to all local, state, and federal guidelines related to COVID-19. Host sites will now need to provide an event plan outline as well as an event contingency plan outline as part of their application or renewal package.
Show Me The Money Day 2021-22 Timeline
As a statewide event comprised of several organizations, it is important for host sites to participate in CEDAM’s prescribed timeline in order to ensure a successful SMTMD event. The SMTMD 2021-22 timeline serves as a reminder for tasks, goals, and other event planning details including:
- September 30 – SMTMD host site application closes
- October 8 – Selected host sites are notified, and training registration opens
- November 11 – Training registration closes
- November 12 – Virtual Training Day
- November through March – Monthly TA calls with host sites
- December 10 – Submit Event Information
- Ongoing (Within 2 weeks of your event date) – Submit participant survey
- July 15 – End of season call to host sites
- August 26 – 2022 SMTMD impact graphic
*If prior commitments make it impossible for your organization to send a representative to the planning meeting, please contact Brian Rakovitis before submitting this application to make arrangements to fulfill this requirement at another date. Brian can be reached via email at email@example.com or 517.485.3588
Host Site Training
- Host Site Training
- Host Site Training is mandatory for all host sites (at least one person from your organization must attend)
- This training is free and will include best practices, breakout groups, basecamp training, marketing, event planning, and fundraising information.
- Training will be hosted virtually