Website Community Action Agency
Manage and coordinate the tri-county Volunteer Tax Assistance Program (VITA) including grant writing and program reporting. To organize and direct volunteer recruitment efforts and work with volunteer site coordinators and trainers to administrate tax preparation activities.
- To be responsible for operations, reporting, grant development and coordination of the VITA program.
- To assist in maintaining, organizing, and supervising the agency client tracking system for the VITA program and ensure that all client records meet funding and compliance requirements.
- Develop a training curriculum and update yearly based on federal and state regulations.
- Recruit and train volunteers.
- Develop/maintain a scheduling system for volunteers and tax appointments.
- To assist in the grant preparation and budget development process as requested.
- To collect monthly information and compile data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor staff and volunteer activities, communicating/meeting regularly to review goals/objectives and progress.
- Responsible for inventories and monitoring.
- To assist in completing special projects as assigned.
- To represent the agency at various meetings of local organizations and participate with state-wide tax initiatives.
- Assist with integrating financial education into the VITA program.
- Assist in development, implementation, and analysis of surveys/assessment to determine needs for program planning.
- Provide information to community groups regarding the needs of participants and about CAA programs as requested.
Supervisor: Community Development Director
Supervises: As Assigned
Training: All staff will participate in professional development training and ongoing CAA trainings as deemed appropriate by their supervisor.
1. Education: Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Administration, or Business Administration.
2. Training: Grant writing experience preferred. Computer literacy and familiarity with tax preparation and tax software preferred.
3. Certification/Licenses: Valid Michigan driver’s license.
4. Work Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in a nonprofit program with related administrative and supervisory experience required. VITA tax program/tax preparation knowledge preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for the position may be considered at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
5. Transportation: Reliable personal transportation necessary as position requires some out of town travel.
6. Basic Skills: Must have excellent communicative skills in writing, reading comprehension and public speaking. Must have strong organizational and leadership skills in the supervision of others. Must have strong computer skills and be able to design reports to meet the current needs of Agency programs.
7. Problem Solving, Decision Making and Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to make independent decisions and utilize interpersonal skills while working with staff and Agency clients. Promote teamwork, participate as a team member with other Agency staff and as part of interagency teams.
8. Physical and Mental Capabilities: Must be able to work under conditions that require work deadlines.
9. Other Hiring Contingencies: After hiring offer is made, pass criminal background checks and may be required to have a physical and TB.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.