Under direction, is responsible for supervising and overseeing the operations of the Housing Counseling and Homeless Services unit. Prepares grant applications for local, state, and federal housing counseling and homeless service funding. Oversees grant implementation and compliance requirements and reporting activities within automated grant reporting systems. Makes routine decisions consistent with division policies and procedures and federal regulations, and after initial training and certification, performs the duties necessary to the unit function on an independent basis. Develops and coordinates new and/or ongoing complex special projects and grants designed to meet housing needs and federal grant program requirements. Conducts homeless and housing counseling needs assessments, develops special project implementation strategies, and administers programs. Administers the Emergency Solutions Grant and the Comprehensive Housing Counseling Grant Program and counseling activities. Provides leadership and assistance to the Alliance for Housing of Oakland County for the Continuum of Care Plan to address homelessness in Oakland County. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
• Thoroughly documented work history
• Transcript with degree and award date
• The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
• Valid Driver’s License Number
1. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Social Work, Public Administration, Counseling, Public Administration, Planning, Political Science or a related field of study. NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. a. Must possess and maintain the HUD housing counseling certification;
AND b. Have had at least two (2) years of full-time work experience involving administering, monitoring, and evaluating government or grant programs, and/or involving real property transactions, housing management, and counseling;
OR 3. a. Within the six (6) month probationary period must obtain and maintain the HUD housing counseling certification;
AND b. Have had at least four (4) years of full-time work experience involving administering, monitoring, and evaluating government or grant programs and/or involving real property transactions, housing management and counseling
NOTE: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in one of the fields listed in section 2 b or 3 b above for each function may be substituted for one (1) year of the experience described in 2 above for each function.
4. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver license before the hire date.
5. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this class. 6. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
1. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license.
2. Must obtain and maintain the HUD housing counseling certification within six (6) month probationary period.
SALARY: $66,550.64 – $89,164.66 Annually
To apply for this job please visit www.oakgov.com.