Website Capital Area Housing Partnership
About Capital Area Housing Partnership: At Capital Area Housing Partnership, we’re on a mission to develop strong and diverse neighborhoods, emphasizing affordable housing, homeownership opportunities, and financial security for our neighbors throughout mid-Michigan. We envision healthy and vibrant communities reinforced with supportive services and equitable opportunities for upward mobility that empower all our neighbors to lead a sustainable and prosperous quality of life. Through our comprehensive approach, we are building and rehabilitating multi-and-single family homes, delivering housing and financial education, providing emergency assistance, and engaging communities to revitalize neighborhoods. Our work is more than bricks and mortar. Housing is an equal right for all, and we remain steadfast in building equitable opportunities and transforming possibilities for people and our neighborhoods.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to spearhead all fundraising efforts and be instrumental in finding and growing revenue streams, building upon existing fundraising strategies and managing donor relations. To succeed in this role, you will be comfortable with both strategic development and execution. The position requires a high-level problem solver, understanding how to utilize multiple tools at your disposal to accomplish CAHP’s fundraising goals. You will manage multiple priorities and help develop a fundraising program structure that delivers sustainable results. As an essential team member, you will be an excellent communicator with strong writing skills and will be comfortable building diverse relationships throughout the communities we serve. Finally, you have a passion for learning and can take what you learn and turn it into action.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to achieve growth and revenue goals.
• Manage and maintain detailed donor records and mailing lists within the donor database.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising campaigns, utilizing metrics to monitor success and adapt strategies and tactics to improve outcomes.
• Develop and execute donor stewardship efforts, ensuring the delivery of benefits to foster mutually impactful partnerships and relationships.
• Collaborate with team members to craft compelling and original collateral to communicate a powerful case for support, including annual appeals, newsletters, and reports.
• Conduct donor research to identify prospective giving and new funding opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and goals.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations, including data entry, donor communication, and other clerical duties
• Cultivate and steward donors through in-person visits, personalized correspondence, special events, and timely acknowledgments.
• Assist with grant writing and reporting requirements aligned with CAHP’s fundraising plan.
• Work directly with the leadership team to plan and host special events and engagements.
• Support the coordination of the Fundraising & Board Development Committee and attend meetings as required.
• Represent the organization at public events as assigned.
• Demonstrate belief in CAHP’s mission, values, and impact to our neighbors throughout mid-Michigan.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
• 2 to 3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience is preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing (e.g., advertising, journalism, business, leadership) is preferred.
• Resourcefulness, flexibility, and an aptitude for working in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-moving environment while driving toward clarity and solutions.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills; the ability to adapt communication style to diverse audiences.
• Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into long-term planning.
• A commitment to the mission, vision, values, and services of Capital Area Housing Partnership and an authentic understanding of and sensitivity to housing and financial instability our neighbors face.
• Proficiency in Office 365, and general office technology including printers, copiers, scanners, and computers.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Ability to use office equipment and work sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
• Reliable transportation for travel within the mid-Michigan footprint. Use of a personal motor vehicle for transportation requires proof of insurance and a valid Driver’s license.
• Occasional moderate lifting of supplies and materials.
• Requires evening and weekend work on occasion to support fundraising efforts
• Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Annual Minimum Base Pay: All the roles within CAHP have pay ranges that commensurate with the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the successful candidate. The annual pay range for this position is $54,080 – $66,560.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: CAHP is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. CAHP is committed to dismantling systemic inequities that continue to cause harm for Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) people, women, and people with disabilities. We believe that these communities must be centered on the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. Together, we will continue to build capacity and accountability in our policies, practices, and partnerships.
Why Capital Area Housing Partnership? CAHP offers a competitive total rewards package including a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision coverage with an employer contribution of 100% towards single coverage and 0% towards dependent coverage effective with the date of hire. In addition, CAHP provides an up-to 3% employer match into the 401(k) retirement plan each year, and annual incentive-based bonuses. Team members receive 18 days Paid Time Off, and 13 Paid Holidays. Paid time off is prorated for the first year.
To Apply: To apply, submit your resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org