Kalamazoo Community Foundation
Position Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President, Donor Relations & Scholarship
Pay Grade D: $21.15 – $25.33
Position Status: Full Time
Submit Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Dates: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
KZCF, established in 1925, has the vision of Kalamazoo County being the most equitable place to live, with the mission to mobilize people, resources, and expertise and to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Learn more at kalfound.org.
Center Anti-Racism and Equity
Advance Racial Justice
Nurture Healing and Love
Cultivate Transformative Relationships
Serve the Greater Good
Learn and Grow
Coordinates the Donor Relations and Development administrative activities. Responsible for maintaining accurate donor records (electronic and paper), processing gifts, and coordinating donor events. This position also provides general office support for the Donor Relations & Scholarship team. The Donor Relations Coordinator is a member of the Receptionist Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gift Processing
- Processes all incoming gifts, including cash, credit card, stock, and other non-cash assets
- Creates and sends gift receipts in a timely fashion
- Maintains accurate gift records ensuring all documentation is attached to appropriate records
- Maintains pledge system
- Prepares honorarium and memorial letters as needed
- Produces Gift Reports
- Prepares and reconciles statements for the annual financial statement audit and internal control audit.
- Deferred Gift & New Fund Support
- Works closely with the Vice President and Officers when setting up new funds, deferred gifts, and/or charitable gift annuities (CGAs).
- Ensures all steps for the Deferred Gift and CGA checklists are completed and all required information is obtained. Assists in coordinating documentation for new funds as needed.
- Enters all pertinent donor information for new deferred gifts in Raiser’s Edge. Ensures proper documentation is attached to appropriate records.
- Manages the recording of all deferred gifts in Raiser’s Edge through all stages of the gift.
- Drafts various letters and other documents on behalf of donor relations team.
- Administrative support to Vice President and Officers in their work with primary contacts, professional advisors, and prospects
- Assures they have the proper marketing/informational brochures.
- Responds to inquiries made by donors, prospective donors, nonprofit agencies, professional advisors, etc. as requested by the Vice President and Officers.
- Drafts and coordinates distribution of general communications to donors, prospective donors, nonprofit agencies, professional advisors, etc. as requested
- Schedules meetings with donors and makes necessary arrangements
- Proofreads and edits written materials as needed
- Technical/Administrative Support
- Maintains database creating and updating records and notifies team of changes such as deaths ordivorces.
- Prepares standardized and specialized reports for distribution, editing data and correcting formats.
- Maintains Donor Relations files and oversees record retention per Record Retention Policy
- Reviews and prepares invoices and expense reports for payment
- Serves as Traction Tools “driver” as needed
- Provides general office support, including backup receptionist support
- Assists Finance in reconciling statements and activities including matching gifts and bank statements
- Assists Finance in administrative support as necessary
- Event Support
- Coordinates and assists in the arrangement of meetings and hosted events. Confirms attendance, procures refreshments and executes pre-meeting set-up and post-meeting clean up.
- Compiles post event evaluation and follow up, such as event expense reports or additional mailings
- Ensures event activities are recorded properly in Raiser’s Edge
- Foundation for Excellence
- Enters gifts and new constituent information
- Produces receipts
- Produces bi-weekly gifts reports
- Member of Reception Team for coverage
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Anti-Racism:
- Apply an equitable and anti-racist analysis to all functions to achieve organizational goals.
- Embrace, support, and integrate Community Foundation philosophies related to diversity, inclusiveness, and anti-racism with a willingness to acknowledge and address other forms of bias.
- Ability to confront personal, individual, and internal systemic bias with regards to race, age, gender, gender- identity, sexual orientation, ability, , which will require sharing and discussing personal identities in relation to the work environment.
- Ability to work and navigate emotionally taxing conversations related to power, privilege, racism, and oppression on a regular basis.
- Must have strong emotional intelligence and resiliency skills to lead and/or actively participate in advancing our work relative to racial, social, and economic justice.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic goals, as a part of the Performance Excellence Model of the Community Foundation, to serve both internal and external customers.
- Follow and support Community Foundation policies and procedures.
- Evaluate own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development.
- Embrace philosophy of one actively engaged in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate and models Process documentation for clarity and consistency.
- Maintain current knowledge of all changes affecting area of work.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and follows and support the core values, commitments, and behaviors.
- Maintain appropriate professional appearance and confidentiality.
- Actively represents KZCF at community-based meetings and events which may require evening and weekend engagement throughout the year
- Actively participate in meetings, committees, and volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Apply an anti-racism analysis and engage with others in support of learning ways to advance collective DEI understanding and skills.
- Participate as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals.
- Provide proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance services to customers.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support multiple team members
- Ability to work independently and enjoy routine tasks
- Must be detail-oriented
- Experience in working with nonprofit organizations.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relation Management (CRM) system
- Understanding of the basics of giving vehicles and asset types
- The Kalamazoo Community Foundation’s employee health and safety is a top priority. With the COVID-19 pandemic still posing a threat to public health, Foundation employees may temporarily work from home. Please note this remote work policy is only in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic while public health guidelines strongly recommend work from home when feasible. This policy will be reviewed when public health guidelines or business needs change.
- While working virtually, must ensure remote environment has consistent access to high-speed internet, generally free from distractions.
- Work in well-lit, pleasant, smoke-free office.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to stoop, bend and move intermittently to do filing and move equipment and supplies necessary for job function.
- Involves frequent repetitive movement associated with extended periods of keyboarding.
- Frequently involves extended workdays and periodically involves irregular work hours.
- Occasional travel and/or overnight work schedules.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to concentrate on figures, paperwork, data, etc.
- Frequent pressures related to meeting deadlines and fulfilling scheduling requirements.
- Frequent distracting influences such as people, phone calls, noise and so forth.
- Frequent simultaneous handling of multiple tasks and intermittent or cyclical work pressures.
- Occasionally requires on-call availability to handle work problems, emergencies/crisis situations etc.
- Occasional work at multiple sites or travel.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. To successfully perform the job, individuals must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com