Looking to make an impact and gain hands-on nonprofit experience? CEDAM’s AmeriCorps Program is 23 individuals to join our cohort! These individuals will serve with organizations across the state of Michigan, as an AmeriCorps member. As a CEDAM’s AmeriCorps member, you will do more than serve the community, you’ll also receive professional development training and will develop connection across the community development sector.
This is a temporary, full time position, starting September 18, 2023 and ending August 23, 2024.
• A strong interest and experience in community work, human service work, and/or nonprofit work.
• Willingness and interest in working with a diverse population, while modeling patience, kindness, flexibility, respect;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to
• work within a team or as an individual
• Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent U.S. resident
• Must be at least 18 years of age (there is no upper age limit!)
• Must commit to serving their full term: 9/18/2023 – 8/23/2024, 40 hours/week
Compensation and Benefits:
• $26,000 cash benefits
• $6,895 education award
• Health benefits, including health, dental, vision and mental health coverage
• Child care benefits if eligible
• Qualified student loan forbearance
• Professional development opportunities
• Help building connections to the nonprofit field
Review our openings:
From Pentwater to Detroit, CEDAM’s AmeriCorps Program has 23 openings across the state of Michigan that focus on different community needs. The program has positions assisting neighbors with housing services, connecting residents to community resources, eliminating blight, coordinating food distributions & community gardens, volunteer management and more! To find which position is best for you, review our openings today!
**Please apply directly on CEDAM’s website (bit.ly/serveamericorps). Applications submitted
through third-party sites will not be considered.**
Applications are due June 16, 2023. In your application, please select which positions you’re applying to. Candidates may apply to multiple positions within one application.
CEDAM does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment with respect to her or his hire, tenure, terms, conditions, privileges of employment, or any matter directly or indirectly related to employment because of her or his race, religion, color, national
origin, age, gender, height, weight, marital status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to the
individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position.
At CEDAM, we believe that community development is a primary channel to promote equity. Our
efforts focus on building vibrant communities across Michigan in order to uplift residents and offer
inclusive spaces for all. To achieve this, we have convened a diverse coalition of members from
across the community economic development sector who share these goals, and equip them with
the tools, training, and resources necessary to advance their regions and spark ripples of social
and economic change throughout the state. We also advocate on state and federal levels for policy
priorities that address systemic racism in the areas of anti-poverty, affordable housing, community
economic development and economic inclusion. Learn more at http://cedamichigan.org/.
2023 Host Sites:
To review each position description visit: bit.ly/serveamericorps.
- Benton Harbor MI: Financial Literacy Coordinator w/ Summit Financial Wellness
- Bridgeport, MI: Community Project Coordinator w/ Bridgeport Charter Township
- Cassopolis MI: Special Projects Coordinator w/ Helping Hands of Cass County
- Dearborn MI: Resident Volunteer Coordinator w/ Dearborn Housing Commission
- Detroit MI: College Success Coordinator w/ Detroit Regional Chamber/Detroit Promise
- Detroit MI: DREAM GREEN Project Coordinator w/ Dream of Detroit
- Detroit MI: DREAM Street Fair Specialist w/ Dream of Detroit
- Detroit MI: Food Justice & Sustainability Program Coordinator w/ Titan Equity Nourish Network
- Detroit MI: Homeownership Assistance Specialist w/ Southwest Economic Solutions
- Detroit MI: Housing Coordinator w/ Bridging Communities, Inc
- Detroit MI: Volunteer Coordinator w/ Know Allegiance Nation
- Detroit MI: Workforce Development Specialist w/ Southwest Economic Solutions
- Detroit MI: Youth Program Coordinator w/ Know Allegiance Nation
- Eaton Rapids MI: Volunteer & Events Coordinator w/ City of Eaton Rapids
- Flint MI: Community Support Liaison w/ Communities First, Inc.
- Flint MI: Garden Resource Coordinator w/Crim Fitness Foundation
- Grand Rapids MI: Neighborhood Engagement Coordinator w/ Dwelling Place of GR
- Lansing MI: BOLD Lansing Engagement Coordinator w/ Lansing Promise
- Lansing MI: Membership Support Coordinator w/ Arts Council of Greater Lansing
- Lansing MI: Volunteer & Communication Specialist w/ Old Town Commercial Association
- Pentwater MI: Outreach Coordinator w/ Oceana CAN & Comm Foun of Oceana County
- Pontiac MI: Emergency Food Coordinator w/ Lighthouse
- Ypsilanti MI: Leadership Specialist w/ Washtenaw Literacy
- Ypsilanti MI: Service Expansion Specialist w/ Washtenaw Literacy
To apply for this job please visit cedamichigan.org.