CEDAM Internship Program
Investing in the next generation of community economic development leaders.
CEDAM Internship Program Overview
CEDAM is committed to identify and develop future leaders, thinkers, advocates, and supporters in the community economic development field. The CEDAM internship program is established to provide motivated and ambitious individuals with the opportunity to work directly with leaders in the community economic development field and gain hands-on industry experience.
The students and young professionals CEDAM engages with gain insight in various areas, including Communications and marketing, cultural competency and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), the future of the community economic development field, and advocacy and public policy.
Through a wide array of programs and resources that educate and empower, CEDAM provides interns with the skills, experience, and networks to succeed professionally and promote community economic development in their communities.
Candidates are either college students or college graduates within one to three years of completing their degrees. Two to four years of work-relevant work will be considered in place of education.
Candidates should be:
- Motivated individuals who display interest in the community economic development field;
- Eligible to work in the United States; International students with CPT and OPT are eligible.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communicators;
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently;
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Experienced using Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
All applications must be submitted online by the application deadline. Please see below for more information about the schedule and deadlines.
Fall Semester: Early September to Mid-December
Spring Semester: Early January to Late April
Summer Semester: Mid-May to Mid-August
- Internships that require writing samples will include the request as part of the job description.
- All applicants receive an email confirming that the application has been received.
- For academic credit internships, students must provide written documentation of eligibility to receive academic credit.
- Documentation includes a letter from the university.
CEDAM will send internship notifications after the closing date of applications. Because of recruiting volume, we can only accept applications for internships that are currently open.
There are no open positions at this time. Check back soon.
Duration and Compensation
CEDAM will offer internships during the fall, spring, and summer sessions. Internships will be for a minimum of 12-14 weeks at a part-time commitment (15-20 hours/per week). In exceptional cases, an internship can be arranged for any duration between one semester to a year, depending upon the needs of the function/ organization.
All CEDAM internship positions start at a base hourly rate of $12. In addition, CEDAM can offer college credit to ensure a purposeful learning program is structured into the experience.
Colleges and universities interested in providing academic credit as part of CEDAM’s internship program should contact the program coordinator Bevertone Anyonga at email@example.com.
CEDAM is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law.