- Resources for Tax Preparation
- Displaced Workers Guidebook
- CEDAM 2010 Policy Agenda
- Check the Box for Housing and Community Development
Blog Post Spotlight
The best of the best blog posts by CEDAM staff and guest bloggers.
- To Access Tax Benefits for Free, VITA Is Vital: CEDAM Policy Associate Katie Johnson talks about her experience as a VITA volunteer helping low income individuals file their taxes.
- Michigan Conference on Affordable Housing: Rebuilding Michigan Together: CEDAM Associate Director Brian McGrain writes about the history of MCOAH and CEDAM’s participation in the conference.
- Census 2010: 10 Minutes Now for 10 Years of Benefits: This guest post by Sam Singh discusses how nonprofits can meet the challenge of the 2010 Census.
Asset Building Policy Project
In addition to tax preparation resources and VITA sites (see above sections), ABPP promotes the Earned Income Tax Credit. ABPP is also involved in getting unbanked individuals to open savings and checkings accounts through the Bank On movement. To see all ABPP related blogs, click the “Asset Building” link under “Categories” on the main CEDAM blog page.
Big news this spring about foreclosure includes the announcement of Troubled Asset Relief Program funds for Michigan and a proposed rule change that would help stop foreclosure scams. To see all foreclosure related blogs, click the “Foreclosure” link under “Categories” on the main CEDAM blog page.
CEDAM Members and Events
From weatherization to affordable housing, gardening to tax preparation, our members are doing great things for their communities. CEDAM’s monthly member news roundup features positive member news from around Michigan.
In addition, CEDAM staff have been interviewing CEDAM members for a short video mission statement. There is no sneak peak (we don’t want to give away the ending), but we will say that the video debuts on the big screen at the CEDAM Annual Event. Look forward to it at the end of April!