CEDAM’s Policy Agenda
2018 CEDAM Policy Priorities
CEDAM supports and advocates for vibrant neighborhoods, economic opportunity, healthy communities and housing security
Download the Program One Pager Here.
- Ensure that Michigan’s tax code provides for well-placed affordable housing development, rural development, downtown development and economic opportunities
- Educate and advocate for policies that best serve the housing needs of Michigan’s most vulnerable populations.
- Secure dedicated funding for the Michigan Housing and Community Development Fund
- Encourage Michigan’s regional planning system to support and include community economic development
- Improve funding strategies and finance options for downtowns, historic buildings and commercial districts
- Educate and advocate for policies that reduce the impact of vacancies and blight in Michigan’s neighborhoods
- Advocate for policies that promote equitable access to safe and reliable transportation
- Give Michigan residents opportunities to achieve financial security through saving and asset building tools, working families’ tax credits, consumer protections
- Promote opportunities for strong economic growth and poverty reduction through micro-enterprise development
- Work towards creating partnerships between local financial education programs and state assistance programs
- Advocate for stronger consumer protection and foreclosure mitigation laws
- Secure a dedicated funding stream for foreclosure and homeowner counseling
CEDAM accomplishes these goals by facilitating discussion between state departments and local governments and organizations, and by monitoring legislation and connecting members with information about and advocacy opportunities for relevant issues.