Show Me the Money Day Program
Show Me the Money Day
FREE FOOD. FUN PRIZES. FIND MONEY WHERE YOU DIDN’T EVEN THINK TO LOOK!
Financial Workshops // Free Tax Assistance // Credit Repair // Kids Savings // Community Resources
Thank you to our generous statewide sponsor!
Show Me The Money Day
Show Me The Money Day is a FREE event featuring free and low-cost financial products, community resources, financial workshops and fun. CEDAM members host events annually across Michigan from January to April to kick off tax season and promote opportunities to increase income, save and build assets.
In 2020, Show Me the Money Day events reached more than 2,300 Michigan residents. Nearly 70% of attendees were from low- to moderate- income households. Overall, 75% of surveyed participants reported feeling more hopeful about their financial future after attending Show Me the Money Day.
How can you support Show Me the Money Day?
There are several direct and indirect ways your organization can support Show Me the Money Day. Organizations can become statewide sponsors supporting all host sites by donating to CEDAM. Statewide sponsorship will support CEDAM technical assistance, graphic and marketing materials, host site training and mini-grants (up to $500). You can always be connected with host sites directly and help plan events, provide financial support, become a vendor and conduct a workshop or training during the event.
Through a sponsorship for Show Me the Money Day, sponsors will support statewide coordination and assistance for events provided by CEDAM, as well as mini-grants to support local nonprofit host organizations that bring the events to their communities.
In recognition of statewide sponsorship, your organization will receive:
- Promotion of the sponsor’s name and logo on the www.ShowMetheMoneyDay.org website;
- Recognition as a sponsor in Show Me the Money Day press announcements;
- Promotion of the sponsor’s name and logo on local event materials recognizing sponsors;
- Space in the vendor café (where applicable) and access to attendees of all Show Me the Money Day events;
- Opportunity to host a workshop on energy efficiency programs or another financial topic at Show Me the Money Day events (where applicable); and
- Resources (text, blogs, blurbs, tweets, etc.) to promote Show Me the Money Day to customers through electronic correspondence and social media.
If you would like to get involved, become a sponsor, or learn more about an event in your area, please contact Brian Rakovitis.