The City of Lansing
Rehabilitation Construction Specialist
The City of Lansing Economic Development & Planning Department is seeking a Rehabilitation Construction Specialists to join their professional team to assist with historical building preservation programs, lead abatement, and construction rehabilitation projects. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to use their knowledge and experience concerning housing codes, construction principles and best practices to solve code violations and problems while improving the habitability of the community by aiding in rehabilitation and development of housing. The City of Lansing offers a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, vision, dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
• Knowledge of building, plumbing, mechanical, zoning, and electrical codes and their relation to housing codes.
• Skill in composition, computation, and writing clear, complete and concise work specifications including cost estimates, architectural drawings and diagrams.
• Ability to develop and manage construction projects from conception through planning to completion.
• High School Diploma or GED plus one (1) year of college/trade related coursework
• Five (5) years of experience in residential construction work
• OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Residential Builder’s License or Trade License
• Certified Lead Abatement Supervisor or able to be certified within sixty (60) days of employment
• Typing skills 30 wpm
• Federal and local housing construction and rehabilitation program preferred
The City of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Veteran Friendly Employer.
The City of Lansing provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, or during employment, notify the Department of Human Resources at (517) 483-4004. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Application Special Instructions
Include the following with application:
- Resume and Cover Letter (please explain why you are a good fit for this position)
- Verification of High School Diploma/GED and trade/college training related to residential construction
- Copy of Residential Builder’s License or Trade License
- Copy of Lead Abatement Supervisor certification (if applicable)
Visit https://lansingmi.gov/1221/Employment-Opportunities to apply on-line.
To apply for this job please visit lansingmi.gov.