Community Housing Network
Reports to: Director of Real Estate Development
Employment Status Classification: Full Time Salary
About Community Housing Network
Community Housing Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Troy, Michigan, whose mission is to strengthen communities by connecting people to housing resources. CHN serves people who are homeless or facing homelessness, people with disabilities, people with low income, and other vulnerable Michigan residents. This is achieved through the development of quality affordable housing, vital supportive services, crisis response resources, community collaboration and advocacy. We also develop housing in communities where housing needs align with community revitalization and redevelopment goals. The principal belief reinforcing everything CHN does is that people and communities are more successful when everyone – including people struggling with homelessness, those with disabilities and those with low incomes – are included in the fabric of sustainable communities.
Job Description Summary:
The Real Estate Development Project Manager – Multi-Family is a full tine salary position and reports to the Director of Real Estate Development. The position is responsible for managing a range of real estate activities related to the acquisition and development/re-development of both affordable housing, mixed-income housing, and multi-use properties. The position requires a responsible individual who pays careful attention to detail, has strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills, and is highly organized.
- Create reports as needed including Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans, semiannual reports for a variety of funding sources, environmental reviews, and preliminary market studies.
- Research and compile project information for reporting, marketing and funding requests
- Assist in completing multi-family project funding applications to local, state, federal and private funding agencies and sources, including being the lead staff member on creating and submitting all Federal Home Loan Bank applications
- Secure items necessary to submit funding applications including title work, appraisals, surveys, environmental assessments, and utility availability.
- Utilize a variety of geospatial analysis techniques to harness real estate and demographic data throughout the development process.
- Attend neighborhood, community, and project meetings as required.
- Help organize, coordinate, document and facilitate financing closings.
- Maintain updated project timelines for all developments in the portfolio that have been assigned to the position throughout the development process.
- Assist the Director of Real Estate Development in working with general contractors, third party contractors and property managers during construction and lease up phases, on all developments in the portfolio that have been assigned to the position, to resolve issues and mitigate risk.
- Stay current with all funding program rules and guidelines.
- Three to five years previous experience with real estate development, community development, or urban planning on a professional level is required.
- Experience with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program (LIHTC) and other real estate development financing mechanisms is required.
- Detail oriented to ensure that critical tasks essential to long-term success are met on deadline and accurately.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills along with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Strong initiative and ability to develop projects from the ground up.
- Experience with NEPA regulations
- Highly skilled with Geographic Information Systems including ESRI, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to manage several active projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage relationships with political offices, public and private funding entities, building & safety and planning departments, property managers, community partners and lenders in moving a project forward.
- Possession of a current Michigan Real Estate Salesperson License
- Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organization coverage limit requirements. (Bodily Injury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each occurrence and Property Damage of $100,000 each occurrence).
- CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.