Project Rising Tide Fellow
The Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM) is a nonprofit, membership association of community development corporations (CDCs), individuals and other organizations interested in promoting and expanding community-based economic development across Michigan. CEDAM provides advocacy, resources and training to organizations working to create vibrant communities.
CEDAM is seeking ten Fellows for a one-year term starting in November 2018 to assist in implementing the Action Strategies outlined by Round 2 Rising Tide communities to attract business investment and talent by creating a sustainable path toward economic stability and growth.
Scope of Work
The position will require a variety of activities centered on evaluating and implementing the community’s Action Strategies. The role includes but is not limited to: *This will vary based on each community’s needs, but the following is required for all fellows
- Convene Action Strategy stakeholders to discuss progress and identify possible areas of growth
- Initiate and/or strengthen partnerships with community stakeholders
- Conduct ongoing group outreach and communication with stakeholders
- Create and implement work plans based on the community’s Action Strategies
- Formulate a local communications and media strategy to share the goals and impact of the Action Strategies
Research and Reporting
- Research best practices across the country to implement locally
- Provide regular updates to CEDAM on progress
- Create monthly and final reports detailing learnings, best practices and suggestions of how to move forward
- Represent Project Rising Tide, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation and CEDAM at statewide conferences
- Attend five professional development days in Lansing
- Attend two statewide conferences
The appropriate candidate will have a strong interest and background in coalition building and/or community organizing, planning, community economic development and communications or a combination of such interests. The appropriate candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work within a team or as an individual and be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite and Google Applications.
This is a contractual position with maximum funding of $52,550, for the full scope ending after one year. Each fellow receives a $5,000 completion incentive at the end of the fellowship. The contract requires monthly check-ins and reporting to monitor progress. This position requires statewide travel with Fellows providing their own means of travel. Fellows will also be required to provide their own computer and software, internet, telephone and any other technology required to complete the job. Contractors are responsible for their own payment of income taxes, as well as carrying business insurance.
- Applications due Wednesday, October 17
- Phone interviews the weeks of October 15 and 22
- In-person interviews the week of October 29 and November 5
- Fellows chosen and contacted on November 9
- Fellows begin work in their Rising Tide community on Monday, November 26
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Sarah Teater, PRT fellowship coordinator, at email@example.com by the end of the day Wednesday, October 17, 2018. In your cover letter, designate the Rising Tide communities where you would be open to being placed (listed below). Partial packages will not be considered.
Project Rising Tide Round 2 communities that may host a fellow:
Adrian | Albion | Eaton Rapids | Gladwin/Beaverton | Hamtramck | Ionia | Manistee | Marlette | Ontonagon | West Branch
CEDAM does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment with respect to her or his hire, tenure, terms, conditions, privileges of employment, or any matter directly or indirectly related to employment because of her or his race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, height, weight, marital status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to the individual’s ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org