CEDAM is seeking a program coordinator to provide standardized support to programs and internal office management. This position will work with statewide partners to ensure accurate record-keeping, timely communications and detailed internal controls. We are searching for an experienced individual to provide high-quality program and office support. This position requires occasional statewide travel.
CEDAM is a nonprofit trade association serving the community economic development industry in Michigan. Our members are nonprofit affordable housing developers, Main Street organizations, community development organizations, community foundations, and municipalities, as well as other organizations working to ensure their communities are financially empowered, equitable, and vibrant. We host conferences and training events, manage programs, and offer funding and capacity building opportunities. CEDAM is also involved in advocacy at the state and federal level, working on consumer financial protections and community economic development issues.
CEDAM celebrates diversity of all kinds and is committed to providing a welcoming and non-discriminating environment for all who seek to work with us. Candidates can find additional information at cedamichigan.org/about/careers.
Scope of Work
Support CEDAM’s programs, including AmeriCorps, Community Development Fellowship and Show Me the Money Day
- Work with program participants across the state to ensure accurate reporting and program tracking at a distance
- Provide logistical support and coordinate CEDAM’s webinars and in-person meetings
- Act as the point person for program paperwork collection including contracts, criminal history check paperwork, and new hire paperwork
- Work with organizations across the state to collect, aggregate, and evaluate event data
- Assist other program staff as necessary
Work with associate director/chief operating officer to ensure accurate organization financial tracking
- Prepare accurate billing and check preparation
- Assist in annual audit preparation
- Maintain organized, complete, and accurate financial files
Provide CEDAM office and internal processes support
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the office including ordering and maintaining supplies, processing mail and general office organization and upkeep
- Act as the point person for CEDAM’s board of directors by preparing board agenda and packets, scheduling meetings, and recording meeting minutes
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and well-organized. Prior outstanding experience in a support role is desired.
The appropriate candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work within a team or as an individual
- The ability to gather and evaluate program participation data
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Location and Travel
CEDAM is based in REO Town Lansing. The program coordinator will be expected to be in the office to complete job duties. The position requires occasional statewide travel.
This position is a salaried full-time position with a generous PTO and benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee, spouse, and all dependents and a strong retirement match after one year of employment. The base salary range is $35,000 to $40,000 depending on experience. CEDAM employees are eligible for performance bonuses depending on availability of funds.
Please send a resume, a cover letter describing how your experience directly relates to the list of desired qualifications above, and three professional references to Ben Dowd (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will begin reviewing applicants on March 6.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com