This position is responsible for building diverse relationships within the agency’s service area to recruit and retain volunteer mentors. This position must collaboratively and regularly interface with all members of the BBBS team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies to best meet the volunteer needs of the agency. Specifically, outreach to build relationships and engagement for diverse representation of the agency and its mission for simultaneously achieving two distinct goals: diverse volunteer recruitment (mentors); enhancing brand awareness and exposure to raise the visibility of the organization. The right applicant will be comfortable with open communication, relate well in multicultural environments and enthusiastic about making a difference in our community.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
- In conjunction with the Leadership Team, establish relationships with individuals and organizations representing multicultural backgrounds within our community. Introduce these interested parties to BBBS and discern and promote best-fit opportunities for the organization, their leadership and/or employees to become involved with BBBS.
- Contacting partners, in addition to other community businesses and organizations for presentation opportunities, and delivering presentations.
- Scheduling weekly speaking events in front of groups of varying sizes, and delivering a convincing pitch to diverse audiences on why they should become a mentor.
- Annually increase the number of interested and enrolled potential quality volunteer mentors and agency volunteers through the development and implementation of a volunteer recruitment and outreach plan.
- Research, organize and track diverse potential leads in the community as sources for volunteers.
- Maintain professional communications and relationships with current and new partnerships.
- Seek out and attend events on behalf of the agency for appropriate recruitment opportunities.
- Collaborate with various current partners to identify and recruit volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers utilizing various methods in the community, corporate, collegiate and civic environments. This may include engaging existing volunteers and/or partners in volunteer recruitment efforts.
- Assist in the cultivation of long-term sustainable relationships with mentor-rich organizations, collaborators and other third parties through effective stewardship and communications.
- Working closely with the Partnership Manager, Communications Manager, Director of Fund Development and Program Director to develop and implement short and long-term marketing strategies, assist with recruitment events.
- Working closely with Director of Programming and Partnership Manager on: Creation of partnerships and channels for community engagement and recruitment, diverse representation and customer satisfaction.
- Continually analyze and adjust recruitment efforts as needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Performance will be evaluated based on meeting the requirements of the job description; meeting performance metrics in alignment with agency goals for diversity, children served, and other quality indicators established for this position; working effectively in a team environment; and demonstrating the values of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
(minimum & preferred Job Qualification requirements necessary to perform this job successfully)
|Bachelor’s Degree required.
Must have reliable transportation, and have a valid driver’s license.
Must maintain current and vehicle insurance that meets state minimum requirements.
|Years of Related Work Experience:
(minimum & preferred related work experience necessary perform this job successfully)
|1-2 years of experience in a similar role preferred.|
|Skills and Knowledge|
|Demonstrated work experience working with diverse child and adult populations.||X|
|Goal-driven approach to work with a demonstrated ability to develop rapport with individuals from diverse sectors.||x|
|Experience recruiting, motivating and leading volunteers.||x|
|Ability to successfully work in a team environment (align and coordinate efforts).||x|
|Persuasive written and face-to-face verbal communication skills with proven bottom-line results.||X|
|Exhibit a strong customer/client focus and enthusiastic, positive attitude.||X|
|Ability to multi-task, work independently, and adhere to timelines.||X|
|Demonstrated integrity and commitment to obligations.||x|
|An articulated belief in the mission of BBBS.||x|
|Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.||X|
|Experience with relationship management (Raiser’s Edge) and/or fund development (Blackbaud Sphere) software.||X|
|Ability to speak a second language.||X|
|Demonstrated success in sales and project management.||X|
|Experience in customer satisfaction.||X|
|Exceptional social media skills.||X|
|· Approximately 15% of time spent off-site within Allegan County, Calhoun County, Kalamazoo County and Van Buren County area; mileage reimbursed.|
|WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS|
|· The ability to travel and work outside of regular business hours, including some evenings, weekends and early mornings.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
· Light to moderate lifting is required.
High Performance Indicators
|Valuing Diversity||Able to seek out and work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, backgrounds, and/or styles; contribute to a team climate in which differences are valued and supported; challenge any stereotyping or offensive comments; seek and respond to feedback from others about his/her own behavior that might be perceived as biased.|
|Able to build strong working relationships with external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and meet customer needs; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use knowledge of customer to improve own work results.
|Able to demonstrate high personal work standards and a sense of urgency about results to meet goals and deadlines; maintain high performance by viewing failures as learning opportunities and rebounding quickly from setbacks or rejections; persist in the face of repeated challenges; accept responsibility for the outcomes of his/her own work.
|Able to build rapport and cultivate effective short and long term relationships with others; adjust own interpersonal approach to fit others’ perspectives, needs, cultures, or styles; recognize the impact of one’s behavior on others;
utilize a range of internal and external networks and resources to meet job responsibilities and reach specific influential people.
|Flexibility & Achieving
|Able to adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of external clients; quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organizational change.
|Able to persuade and enlist others’ support in accomplishing objectives; effectively “sell” benefits of service to others; use data, logic and/or customer testimonials to influence others; develop effective working relationships with others who can help promote acceptance of own ideas; use different influence approaches as appropriate.
|Planning & Organizing
|Able to create and execute a plan of action to meet targets; balance the need for long term planning with short term objectives; avoid wasting time and resources on tasks that yield low value; monitor the progress and impact of assignments.
|Able to align own work objectives with the organization’s strategic plan or objectives; take organizational priorities into consideration when making choices and trade-offs in own work; act with an understanding of how the
community drives/affects the business; maintain perspective between the overall picture and tactical details.
|Creativity & Innovation||Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; apply novel approaches to improve or enhance results; collaborate with team members to share best practices and brainstorm creative approaches; assess situations to uncover new opportunities or overcome obstacles.|
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Salary: $33,000 – $35,000
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and fit for this position to:
Regina Miller, Director of Corporate Operations
Big Brothers Big Sisters, A Community of Caring
3501 Covington Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
By email ONLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled.