Community Housing Network
Landlord Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Strategic Initiatives
Employment Status Classification: Full Time, Salary
Job Description Summary:
Provides landlord outreach, recruitment, and engagement as well as training and education to co-workers, participants and landlords. Reduces housing barriers for individuals and families who are ready for permanent housing, but have difficulty meeting landlord criteria due to financial or legal history. Is part of the support team for the participant before and after move-in. Builds partnerships with landlords to increase the supply of affordable housing.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for landlord engagement as well as talking points for staff
- Expand the network of landlords with whom CHN partners in Macomb, Oakland and out-Wayne County
- Explain to landlords the myriad of programs at CHN and the value of working with CHN’s programs
- Maintain current list of landlords willing to work with CHN; for landlords no longer willing, keep record of reason(s) why
- Assist with mediation of issues that arise between landlord and tenant and/or landlord and CHN – Help to maintain the relationship
- Facilitate CHN’s Landlord Recognition project
- Perform daily searches for available units; maintain an inventory of units that meet program criteria
- Complete rent reasonableness comparisons using current paper process and transitioning to MSHDA’s Go Section 8 software
- Represent CHN at landlord meetings and networking events; help with coordination of such events, when appropriate
- Conduct trainings for CHN staff and/or participants on the leasing process
- Participate in landlord/housing-related committees both internally and externally
- Conduct annual survey of landlords with whom CHN partners
- Assist with collection of lease related paperwork
- Assist with completion of voucher-related paperwork
- Assist in the development of and presentation of classes related to tenancy, financial wellness, etc.
- Explore the possibility of developing a community-based fund from which landlords can draw for damages, legal fees, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field and 1 or more years of Business/Real Estate experience or 5 or more years Business/Real Estate experience
- 1 or more years in housing-related field
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, coupled with presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines
- Solid interpersonal skills along with the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals
- Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organization coverage limit requirements. (BodilyInjury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each occurrence and Property Damage of $100,000 each occurrence).
- CHN reserves the right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, walking in the outside elements, in and out of vehicle, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
To apply for this position OPEN HERE: