Community Housing Network
Job Description Summary: Provide assessment to determine eligibility for potential program participants in the RRH and Prevention grants. The coordinator will work with identified potential program participants through the assessment process and if eligible also provide housing case management. This includes an array of services including financial assistance as eligible and prescribed in the specific grant, creation of a housing plan that addresses short term and long terms goals towards self-sufficiency, linking with mainstream resources and programs, as well as exploring long term subsidies and supports as available and eligible. The coordinator will actively participate in the coordinated entry system (CES) as well as the larger service network as needed. The coordinator will also contribute to outcomes and continuous quality improvement at the agency and CoC level.
- Meet with the identified potential program participant in the field to complete a full assessment to determine eligibility for available programs and resources. This will include review of available financial assistance.
- Exploring affordable housing opportunities for potential program participants to assist in identifying housing of their choice that meets program requirements. This will include development of new landlord connections and fostering existing relationships and utilizing advocacy in the community.
- Provide housing case management services to program participants with a strength based approach, developing an individualized housing plan in collaboration with the individual/household receiving services.
- Conduct home visits with program participants to review housing goals and continued eligibility. This will include review of documentation, recertification, full SPDATs, budget review and linking with additional community resources as prescribed by agency and funding requirements
- Document all contacts and produce appropriate reports related to the case file and HMIS per grant and agency requirements.
- Explore and identify additional community resources to benefit program participants in linking with available programs and services.
- Participate in community based outreach activities as requested and appropriate such as but not limited to Oakland County Jail, PIT Count, Community Resource Day, in-reach to local shelters and partnering agencies and CoC events. Some activities may include evening and weekend hours.
- Continue to refine skills and stay abreast related to best practices and program changes through additional trainings and community events as requested by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or human services related field; or five years of human service related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and services.
- Working knowledge of the CES and other community resources and services related to housing and supports is essential.
- Must possess proficient computer skills, and be well organized, proactive and self-directed. Must also be attentive to details and to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organizations coverage limit requirements. (Bodily Injury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each occurrence and Property Damage of $100,00 each occurrence). CHN reserves that right to require a motor vehicle record check with respect to any employee where driving is an essential function of the position.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, walking in the outside elements, in and out of vehicle, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies and may require employee to periodically stand on a short step stool to access files.
To apply for this position OPEN HERE: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=3aa7a5be-ba3e-4943-9815-6be640408aaa&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=276135&source=CC2&lang=en_US
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.