Fund Development Coordinator
CEDAM seeks to address a gap in fundraising expertise both internally and for our member organizations. We are searching for an experienced individual to provide fundraising and sustainability training and technical assistance. This position requires statewide travel.
CEDAM is a nonprofit trade association serving the community economic development industry in Michigan. Our members are nonprofit affordable housing developers, Main Street organizations, community development organizations, community foundations, and municipalities, as well as other organizations working to ensure their communities are financially empowered, equitable, and vibrant. We host conferences and training events, manage programs, and offer funding and capacity building opportunities. CEDAM is also involved in advocacy at the state and federal level, working on consumer financial protections and community economic development issues.
CEDAM celebrates diversity of all kinds and is committed to providing a welcoming and non-discriminating environment for all who seek to work with us. Candidates can find additional information at cedamichigan.org/about/careers.
Scope of Work
Technical assistance will be provided specifically to CEDAM’s AmeriCorps host sites.
- Provide individual organizational fundraising assessments to identify potential funding gaps and opportunities
- Facilitate introductions to potential partners
- Provide guidance during the fundraising application process
- Work with partner organizations to create sustainable fundraising plans
Curriculum Building and Training Facilitation
Training will be provided in a group setting to awarded AmeriCorps host sites and other CEDAM member organizations.
- Work with partner organizations to assess common knowledge gaps and curriculum needs
- Create curriculum to build strength on identified needs
- Facilitate training or recruit topic experts to facilitate training based on the knowledge acquired during curriculum building
CEDAM Fundraising and Capacity Building
Support will be provided to CEDAM as it relates to gaps in organizational funding and seeking out new fundraising and sustainability opportunities.
- Work with CEDAM staff to identify current fundraising strengths and weaknesses;
- Identify ways to diversify CEDAM’s funding sources
- Apply for funding opportunities on behalf of CEDAM
- Work with CEDAM staff to create a sustainable funding plan
The successful candidate will have a track record of successful nonprofit fundraising preferably with experience in community economic development.
The appropriate candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work within a team or as an individual
- The ability to gather and evaluate program participation data
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a creative approach to nonprofit sustainability and who have experience working in a statewide capacity.
Location and Travel
CEDAM is based in REO Town Lansing. The fund development coordinator will be expected to be in Lansing on a regular basis, but need not be based there full-time. The position requires regular statewide travel.
This position is a salaried full-time position with a generous PTO and benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for the employee, spouse, and all dependents and a strong retirement match after one year of employment. The base salary range is $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience. CEDAM employees are eligible for performance bonuses depending on availability of funds.
This is a grant funded position, and funds are secured until December 2020. CEDAM expects that with a successful fundraising year, this position will be extended.
Please send a resume, a cover letter describing how your experience directly relates to the list of desired qualifications above, and three professional references to Rachel Diskin (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will begin reviewing applicants on March 6.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com