Dane County Housing Authority
We are proud to announce a leadership opportunity for someone with experience in and a passion for affordable housing.
The Dane County Housing Authority (DCHA), located in Monona, Wisconsin (Madison metro area), is conducting an executive search, with the retained assistance of The QTI Group, to hire an Executive Director.
The Dane County Housing Authority was created in 1972 by the Dane County Board of Supervisors to address the affordable housing needs of low-income families in Dane County. Its mission is to promote adequate and affordable housing, economic opportunity, and a suitable living environment free from discrimination.
The Executive Director will inspire and influence DCHA and its stakeholders to achieve its affordable housing vision, mission, and strategic goals. They will motivate staff to achieve organizational objectives through individual and team initiatives and serve as a role model for the ideals, values, ethical standards, and work ethic that is central to the DCHA.
The Executive Director is responsible for these goals and outcomes:
Mission Results – Ensure that the DCHA is making positive progress in fulfilling the business purpose outlined in the mission statement.
Values Results – Ensure that the DCHA is making positive progress in furthering the values, beliefs, and ethical standards established by the agency.
Strategic Goals Results – Ensure that the DCHA is making positive progress in completing each of the following six strategic goals:
- Strengthen the organization’s ability to carry out its mission
- Evaluate the opportunities to maximize efficiency and effective of public housing
- Develop affordable housing in Dane County through DCDG
- Maximize opportunities for Section 8 eligible households
- Increase positive visibility
- Provide opportunities in home ownership
Ideal candidates will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of affordable housing programs including Section 8, Public Housing, USDA Rural Development, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- Experience with affordable housing development a plus
- Experience with property management or asset management of residential real estate a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of all incomes, nationalities, races, and disabilities
- Ability to establish a professional positive working relationship with staff, clients, landlords, collaborators, and other public agencies with professional and effective communication
- Ability to utilize a computer and standard software including Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Elite PHA Software a plus
- Ability to work as a team in coordination with other DCHA staff members, DCHA Board, Dane County government, and funders
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field preferred; or additional experience in lieu of education
To apply, please upload your resume here:
A cover letter is welcome, but not required. The application only accepts one document for upload, so if you include a cover letter, please combine it into a single document with your resume.
To apply for this job please visit www.qtigroup.com.