Position Description: Events & Membership Associate
The Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM) is a nonprofit association of community development corporations (CDCs), individuals and other organizations interested in promoting and expanding community-based housing and economic development across the state of Michigan. More information is available at www.cedamichigan.org.
CEDAM is seeking an enthusiastic and customer-oriented candidate to serve as its events & membership associate. The associate will provide support to CEDAM staff in all areas of membership, events, training and fundraising. This is a full-time position. The position duties include but are not limited to:
- Set organizational goals for membership engagement in collaboration with CEDAM members and staff, and develop plans to meet those goals
- Employ member retention and recruitment strategies including member-site visits, surveys and other outreach tactics
- Handle membership inquiries for information and process membership dues
- Manage and update the membership database
- Understand member needs and work with the Communications & Training Specialist to develop appropriate resources, trainings and member benefits
Training & Events
- Lead and/or participate in training and event planning committees
- Handle venues, travel arrangements and other event logistics
- Work with Controller to create event budget
- Meet sponsorship and fundraising goals by developing sponsor packages, build relationships with current and potential funders and other strategies
- Work with executive director and controller to execute contracts
- Promote and coordinate Poverty Simulations
- Coordinate additional meetings and special events as needed
- Serve as staff liaison to special projects and contracts (such as with affiliated organizations) as directed
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
The appropriate candidate will have a background in communications, event planning, training, membership engagement or a combination of such skills. A candidate with an interest in community economic development is preferred.
The appropriate candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work within a team or as an individual and must be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, Google applications and other membership and productivity tools. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in an applicable field or two years’ experience in a related field preferred but not required. Candidates with experience with database management and/or WordPress platforms, membership relations, training, public speaking and media relations are preferred.
Location & Travel
The events & membership associate position is based out of Lansing. The job will require some travel across the state of Michigan.
The events & membership associate will be a staff member of CEDAM and will receive direct supervision from the controller.
Salary and Benefits
This position is a salaried full-time position with a generous allocation of 26 PTO days per year and a benefits package including healthcare, dental and vision at no out-of-pocket cost to employees and a generous 401k match program. Additionally, each employee receives an annual budget for individual professional development opportunities.
Culture and Work Environment
CEDAM’s office is located in Lansing’s REO Town neighborhood. We have a dog-friendly office two days a week, approximately ten full-time staff members and encourage a balance between work and life. While this position may have times that require more than a 40-hour work week with occasional travel, we encourage employees to generally work 40-hours per week. Our office hours are 8:30am-5pm Monday through Friday. CEDAM celebrates diversity of all kinds and is committed to providing a welcoming and non-discriminating environment for all who seek to work with us.
Please send your cover letter, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to Chris Wardell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 7 at 5pm. In your cover letter, please describe how your previous experiences align with the skills needed to excel in this position. Partial packages will not be considered.
CEDAM is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity with respect to hiring, promotions, transfers, pay, discipline, fringe benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. No individual will be discriminated against and no employment decisions will be made on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national, ethnic or social origin, religion, age, gender, protected disability, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status, height, weight, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com