Community Housing Network (CHN)
Reports to: Director of Fund Development
Employment Status: Full Time Hourly
The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue of current and prospective donors. The position also provides comprehensive administrative assistance to the Development Department, with a focus on fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgements, newsletter content, printed material inventory, prep materials for donor meetings).
As necessary, the Donor Relations Manager will also recruit and supervise volunteers to help with department efforts. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each program supports CHN’s mission. The Donor Relations Coordinator position reports directly to the Director of Fund Development (DOFD).
- Achieve annual donor outreach/engagement goals and key performance indicators relating to our overall philanthropic goals
- Under leadership of Director of Fund Development (DOFD), develop and implement a comprehensive, written, donor engagement and volunteer recruitment/engagement plan with strategies and timelines for to ensure meeting and/or exceeding annual fundraising goals
- Set benchmarks for success and establish reports and reporting schedule and evaluate progress with DOFD on a weekly basis
- With the direction of the DOFD, asset in the design and implementation of a systematic and integrated donor relations program;
- Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members to enhance their relationship with CHN and increase the likelihood of continued unrestricted and program-focused contributions;
- Attend community outreach fairs and events as required;
- Discover donor companies’ corporate social responsibility and/or workplace giving objectives, identify opportunities that align with CHN’s mission statement, and work with staff to create engagement initiatives and opportunities;
- Solicit in-kind donations for various events;
- Design and coordinate implementation of resource engagement, cultivation and appreciation communications, activities and events for both donors and volunteers;
- Works with the Public Relations Coordinator to design, deliver and maintain consistent messaging with all stakeholders regarding event and volunteer engagement with CHN;
- Perform intern and volunteer recruitment for all CHN departments, and special event and engagement opportunities;
- Create and manage CHN’s volunteer engagement and recognition activities;
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and reporting volunteer engagement;
- Will work with CHN’s HR department to implement volunteer “best practices” for volunteer management program;
- Work with the DOFD to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies to retain current and attract new donors;
- Maintain physical donor communication materials and inventory of general development team supplies;
- Assist Development department in the coordination of developing, printing, mailing and/or distribution of all CHN philanthropic event materials;
- Maintain all CHN electronic and USPS marketing mailing lists and update as needed;
- Assist with the development of written donor appeals
- Work with DOFD to convert current database to Network for Good (i.e. transfer of donor data, launch of new database, creation of formal donation tracking process, liaison with finance department and coding requirements);
- Coordinate and oversee CHN’s donor database information system, including development of data collection, entry, reconciliation, and reporting procedures, and development and distribution of reports to stakeholders;
- Coordinate CHN’s acknowledgement of all gifts from individuals, corporations, and civic groups, and foundations;
- Support Development Department team to generate development reports from database (sponsors, major donors, individuals, lapsed donor, etc.);
- As appropriate, provide prospect research for Development Department;
- Participate with the Special Events Coordinator in the planning and execution of CHN philanthropic events;
- Commitment to CHN’s mission and core values;
- Outstanding relationship building, communication, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with a high level of independence while maintaining a team perspective and commitment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Ability to work at a high level of abstraction and manage required details;
- Ability and confidence to communicate, interact with, energize, and lead varied constituencies;
- Ability to think strategically and translate to individual areas of responsibility;
- Ability and confidence to design, recommend and apply creative solutions to meet objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a minimum two years of nonprofit donor/volunteer relations experience;
- Exceptional understanding of philanthropy as it relates to the not-for-profit organization and a wide and deep knowledge of fundamental disciplines of resource development;
- Prior experience in a database management as well as knowledge of CRM database required; Raiser’s Edge or other related donor database experience preferred;
- The knowledge and ability to create, execute and/or support, and oversee a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan, including advising on complex and carefully orchestrated cultivation events and programs for the major donors;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies;
- Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required;
- Automobile insurance coverage that meets minimum organization requirements (100/300/100 coverage) must be maintained for business use of personal vehicle.
While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at times requires the ability to be active including standing, walking in the outside elements, in and out of vehicle, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.