Alliance for Housing
The Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) is a database where federally, state, and locally funded agencies are required to manage client data related to housing and homeless projects. The Director of HMIS is responsible for managing the implementation of HMIS for Oakland County. The Director is also responsible for managing the HMIS manager.
Reports to Executive Director
- Provide technical support and training to all agencies using WellSky HMIS software. This includes timely response to an email inbox dedicated to HMIS-related technical requests and questions.
- Assist in the facilitation of multiple community committees and workgoups. Provide expertise and data to the committees as needed.
- Ensure system and user compliance with policies and procedures regulating the HMIS in Oakland County.
- Provide regular updates to HMIS Agency Administrators and end-users regarding system updates and changes.
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings regarding system changes, data quality, funder requirements, and vendor updates.
- Create, analyze, and submit mandated reports (ex: PIT, HIC, LSA, SPM, etc.).
- Monitor programmatic and system data quality and outcomes for all participating agencies/projects in Oakland County.
- Manage all aspects of grants funded for HMIS including regulatory standards, budgets, applications and reporting requirements and meeting all deadlines. Oversee staff in their daily operations and assign tasks as needed.
- Thorough knowledge and use of WellSky HMIS preferred.
- Experience managing/creating databases or large datasets.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Experience analyzing data for accuracy and reliability.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Compliance with HUD and local governing agency/entity regulations and standards.
- Experience managing staff and assigning tasks.
Transportation Requirements: Reliable transportation, possession of a valid driver’s license, and maintenance of automobile insurance coverage that meets organization coverage limit requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or a lawful, permanent resident of the U.S. and provide a copy of a birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card to prove citizenship.
- Bachelors or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Complete a criminal history check.
- Possess proficiency with word processing software and email.
- Be able to interact respectfully with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Please send a resume to Leah McCall at Lmccallemail@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to Lmccallfirstname.lastname@example.org