CEDAM is seeking a coalition manager to advance our member-driven initiatives. This position will lead a diverse range of partners from grassroots activists to state agency directors, with supervision and support from CEDAM’s policy director and other senior staff. CEDAM’s coalitions help to advance community development and affordable housing policy in Michigan.
CEDAM is a nonprofit trade association serving the community economic development industry in Michigan. Our members are nonprofit affordable housing developers, Main Street organizations, community development organizations, community foundations, and municipalities, as well as other organizations working to ensure their communities are financially empowered, equitable, and vibrant. We host conferences and training events, manage programs, and offer funding and capacity building opportunities. CEDAM is also involved in advocacy at the state and federal level, working on consumer financial protections and community economic development issues.
CEDAM celebrates diversity of all kinds and is committed to providing a welcoming and non-discriminating environment for all who seek to work with us. Candidates can find additional information at cedamichigan.org/about/careers.
Scope of Work
- Initiate and/or strengthen partnerships with CEDAM members and other stakeholder organizations around the state
- Coordinate and facilitate coalition meetings and communicate effectively with members to promote collaboration, negotiation, and problem solving
- Assess coalitions through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens and identify areas for improvement
- Assist in trainings/convenings with stakeholder groups around the state
- Conduct ongoing group outreach and communication with coalition members
Communications and Policy Education
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications on matters pertaining to CEDAM coalitions
- Monitor relevant legislation and other policy issues
- Develop briefings for legislators and the public on key issues
- Assist in creating constituency-specific materials for coalition members and stakeholders, including training curriculum
Topical areas of the Coalition Manager’s work may include:
- Financial empowerment
- Predatory lending and consumer protection
- Affordable housing
- CED organizational capacity-building
- Rural Partners of Michigan
The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong interest and background in coalition building and/or community organizing, meeting facilitation, public policy, community economic development, communications, or a combination of such interests
- Demonstrated ability to lead policy development, campaigns, or advocacy initiatives at a high level of excellence
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work within a team
- Aptitude with both Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Location and Travel
CEDAM is based in REO Town Lansing. The Coalition Manager will be expected to be in Lansing on a regular basis, but need not be based there full-time. CEDAM is open to candidates based elsewhere, especially Grand Rapids or Detroit. The position requires statewide travel.
Salary and Benefits
This position is a salaried full-time position with a generous PTO and benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance for the employee, spouse, and all dependents and a strong retirement match after one year of employment. The base salary range is $45,000 to $60,000 depending on experience. CEDAM employees are eligible for performance bonuses depending on availability of funds.
Please send a resume, a cover letter describing how your experience directly relates to the list of desired qualifications above, and three professional references to Jessica AcMoody (email@example.com). We will begin reviewing applicants March 6.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org