Housing Services Mid Michigan
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the human services field OR six years’ experience in housing assistance will waive the education requirement.
Required Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience:
working with those in housing crisis
in provision of housing assistance
- in supervision of staff
- HMIS data entry experience preferred.
Wage: $22-$25 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Health insurance (100% paid on employee only), paid vacation and sick leave, 403b option (no match), short and long-term disability insurance, flex plan, life insurance, and paid mileage at the federal rate.
- Provide services in accordance with the policies and procedures of HSMM
- Report directly to the Executive Director as for daily work
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of HUD and MSHDA guidelines and homelessness qualifications
- Demonstrate an understanding of using outcomes, outcome reports and compliance issues
- Work as a team with the Executive Director in grant writing and reporting as well as conducting independent grant writing and reporting
- Provide direct supervision of case management staff and be available for questions and case review
- Act as a back up to case managers in emergency situations as needed.
- Provide training of all new case managers
- Review client files submitted by staff for payments as to completeness/quality control before being sent to bookkeeping
- Maintain the running client payment chart-keeping track of available funding
- Possess a working knowledge of HMIS so as to assist all case managers with data corrections and pull reports including APRs
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and agencies to assist clients
- Coordinate needed support services and community resources to assist clients
- Attend various community meetings throughout Eaton, Clinton, and Ingham counties
- Sit on the Prioritization team to select clients for available housing programs
- Serve as an advocate for all clients
- Assist with agency fundraising and marketing (i.e. papers, website, face book)
- Post open positions, review resumes, & participate in the interviewing process
- Develop programs with the Executive Director as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned by either the Executive Director or the Board of Directors
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com