Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Overtime Status: Exempt
Reports To: Administrative Manager
Salary: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
Hours of Service: Full-time hourly position; generally 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-F, with occasional evening or weekend as needed for pre-preparation and work attendance for any major BBBS’ event.
The focus of this job incorporates both front desk receptionist and other administrative duties as a part of a team. Receptionist duties primarily include the processing and resolution of all office-incoming calls, the greeting of visitors, maintenance of office supplies at workable levels, and keeping pertinent filing current on a daily basis. Administrative functions may include the provision of support for activities related to agency operations, fundraising events, and service delivery. An ability to quickly develop and continually grow a working knowledge of Agency operations is critical to the ability to meet this position’s objectives as the level of responsibility is expected to grow over time as experience allows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer service to all who contact/inquire via phone or in person.
- Answer multiple phone lines, personally, handle initial inquiries or properly refer them to others, relay messages as needed, etc.
- General maintenance, organization, and stocking of the reception/welcome area; filing and file room maintenance; coordination and maintenance of copies and copy/mail room.
- Support management staff, including CEO, in the administration of their responsibilities. Works with agency volunteers.
- Assist staff with appointment reminder calls, paperwork completion, background checks, and other necessary tasks as needed.
- Support fundraising events and match activities through information input, organization, and retrieval.
- Creation of necessary documents and other materials as needed.
- Typing, data entry, file creation, and organization, and other record-keeping as needed.
- Ability to train and supervise volunteer clerical/administrative personnel.
- Other tasks as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be customer service focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly adept at multi-tasking and setting priorities, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must thrive in a team environment and have the ability to work effectively with diverse staff, board, customers, and partners.
- Superior problem-solving skills and an ability to work under pressure while delivering effective results and meeting tight deadlines and targets.
- High attention to detail; ability to create and maintain accurate records.
- Professional work traits and demonstrated ability to work with confidential information.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and ability to learn new software platforms quickly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience considered
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft products.
- Previous successful customer service and office multi-tasking experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a reference and criminal background check.
- At least one year prior customer service experience
- Intermediate typing skills; at least 40 – 50 wpm
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Prior experience with a database software
Minimal travel required. Less than 50%
- Ability to lift 25lbs regularly
- Equal amount of sitting, standing, and walking
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and fit for this position to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters, A Community of Caring
Regina Miller, Director of Corporate Operations
3501 Covington Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
By email ONLY: email@example.com
Open until filled.