CEDAM’s AmeriCorps members create community, build capacity, and serve neighbors across Michigan. In keeping with CEDAM’s strategic plan, our AmeriCorps program advances equity for Michiganders in two major ways:
- CEDAM’s AmeriCorps cultivates the next generation of leaders in the community economic development field.
- CEDAM’s AmeriCorps supports financial stability for Michiganders.
We provide competitive benefits to our AmeriCorps members including a living allowance of $19,000 and health benefits (per full year member). In addition to the hands-on skills gained by serving their community, all CEDAM’s AmeriCorps members receive targeted professional development training, networking opportunities, and create individual development plans.
NOW HIRING AMERICORPS MEMBERS
Looking to make an impact in your community? Find out more here!
AmeriCorps & CEDAM
Each year, 80,000 people join AmeriCorps to give back to their communities. During their service, members receive invaluable professional development in the nonprofit sector, an education award, health benefits, and a living allowance.
AmeriCorps programs do more than move communities forward; they serve their members by creating jobs and providing pathways to opportunity for people entering the nonprofit field. CEDAM’s AmeriCorps members build capacity in their organization and help move the needle on poverty in their community.
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State program was created to combat the unfortunate truth that 40% of Michigan households struggle to afford the basic necessities of housing, childcare, food, health care, and transportation. CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State program works to combat that by placing 20 AmeriCorps members statewide.
AmeriCorps State members build financial stability by…
- Leading money-management workshops in communities,
- Bridging the gap between people and available financial resources,
- Guiding homeowners in preventing foreclosure,
- Coordinating free tax assistance services, and
- Providing other direct services to Michiganders.
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps VISTA
CEDAM also hosts a ten-member AmeriCorps VISTA program. The VISTA program’s members provide capacity building to organizations by expanding on existing programming or creating a new program from the ground up.
VISTA members build capacity in ways like…
- Building the capacity of local community organizations,
- Enhancing growth in downtown districts,
- Designing programs that support educational success, and
- Engaging resources and volunteers to support the community.