If the answers below do not solve your problem or question, contact Shawn Masters at 517.485.3588 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Why should I log in?
- How do I log in?
- Do I already have an account?
- What is my password?
- Why do I have a member profile if I’m not a member?
- Do I need an account to register for an event?
- Can I pay for multiple trainings at once?
- How do I pay for my events?
- How do I claim a free or discounted training?
- When is my renewal due?
- Who should renew for my organization?
- What membership level am I?
- I’m a CDAD member – do I have to pay CEDAM?
- How do I renew my membership?
- How do I pay for my membership?
- Why is my credit card being declined?
- Do I have to renew online?
- How do I add a contact/employee for my organization?
Why should I log in?
- You must log in to certain pages of this website to access member benefits, renew your membership or update your email preferences.
- Member benefits include: significant training discounts, full member directory, funding information, media and PR tools and more.
- Even if you are not a CEDAM member, you can log in to update your contact information and email preferences.
How do I log in?
- When you are on a page where logging in is allowed, there will be either a link that says “log in” or boxes to enter your username and password.
- Type in your email address and password (see below for password help).
- Then click the login button.
- If the system does not recognize your email address, see below (“do I already have an account?”).
Do I already have an account?
- If you get CEDAM e-newsletters, then you have an account but you might need to set a new password (see below).
- If you are a member but do not receive CEDAM emails or the system doesn’t recognize your email address, you may not be in our system, or we might have a different email address for you. Contact Shawn Masters to get it fixed.
What is my password?
- If you have not logged in before, and you did not receive a password in your email, you can create one. Unfortunately, there is not a “create password” link. Instead, click “forgot password” and enter your email address when prompted. You will receive a link by email. Click the link and create a new password. You might need to navigate back to the page you were at before.
- If you cannot remember your password, it’s easy to reset. Click “forgot password” and enter your email address when prompted. You will receive a link by email. Click the link and create a new password.
Why do I have a member profile if I’m not a member?
- Even though it’s called a member profile, it’s really just a contact profile.
- You can log in to your profile to change your contact information or email preferences, even if you are not a member. You can also log in to your profile to view and pay your invoices for trainings, etc.
Training and Events
Do I need an account to register for an event?
- If you are a CEDAM member, you must be in our system to receive member registration rates. Enter the email address where you receive CEDAM emails and the registration system should recognize you as a member. Contact us if it doesn’t work and we can help you.
- If you are not a CEDAM member, you can register without logging in.
Can I pay for for multiple trainings at once?
- Yes, if you log in! Once logged in to your account, register for each training you wish to attend. Your contact information will auto-fill, so it should be a quick process. After each registration, you will be taken to your profile page and you will see all of your outstanding invoices. When you’re ready, you can make a single payment using the Pay Online button or by mailing us a check.
How do I pay for my events?
- Pay with credit card by selecting the online payment option at the end of your event registration or from your profile. You will be taken to a PayPal page, but you do not have to use a PayPal account. If the page is prompting you to sign into PayPal, scroll down to find the “pay with credit card” option. You can also pay outstanding invoices with credit card at any time by logging in to your profile and selecting Invoices and Payments.
- You can also pay with a check. Confirm your registration and you will receive an invoice by email.
- If you have concerns or questions about your payment, give us a call: 517.485.3588.
How do I access a free or discounted training that I was promised?
- If you need to claim a free or discounted training, first register under the normal member rate, then add a comment in the registration form. Confirm your registration but don’t pay yet. We will adjust your invoice and send you an email to confirm.
When is my renewal due?
- We request that you renew by March 1.
- If you do not renew, you will lose access to your member benefits on March 31.
Who should renew for my organization?
- Only primary contacts at Practitioner and Partner organizations can renew for their organizations. When you renew, all additional contacts at your organization will be renewed as well. Individual members renew on an individual basis.
- To check who the primary contact for your organization is, look up your organization in the appropriate member directory.
- To change the primary contact for your organization, contact Shawn Masters.
What membership level am I?
- Check out the Member Benefits page to determine whether you are a Practitioner, Individual or Partner member.
- Practitioner members are split into 5 categories: one for local government entities, one for members of CDAD (see below) and three for nonprofits in the rest of the state. All Practitioners receive the same benefits, but pay different amounts of dues.
- Practitioner nonprofit dues are based on the size of your annual operating budget. The operating budget is used to keep track of general office/organization operations, salaries and interest payments. This budget should not contain physical development expenses, special project expenses, etc., rather the budget for keeping the organization in operation.
I’m a CDAD member – do I have to pay CEDAM?
- CDAD members who qualify receive complimentary CEDAM membership.
- This includes all CDO members and any NIOs who meet our Practitioner definition. If you do not qualify for Practitioner status with CEDAM (for example, you are an individual or a for-profit organization), you will need to join and pay for CEDAM separately.
- Please apply or renew directly through CDAD. You will be added to CEDAM’s member database.
- If you are not a current CEDAM member but you should be, please contact us.
How do I renew my membership?
- Go to the Renew Membership page and log in.
- Confirm or change your membership level and contact information.
- Choose your areas of interest – this will affect what newsletters and invitations you receive.
- Finish up and pay. You can pay right away or get an invoice for later.
How do I pay for my membership?
- Once you confirm your registration, you will be taken to your member profile and see all outstanding invoices. You will also receive an email invoice.
- You can pay by credit card or PayPal at any time through your member profile or send us a check:
Attn: Shawn Masters
1118 S. Washington Ave.
Lansing, MI 48910
- Regardless of how you pay, you will receive a receipt by email for your records.
- If your organization is facing financial hardship, you may request a hardship exemption (for existing members only). Contact Shawn Masters for more information.
Why is my credit card being declined?
- We use PayPal to process credit card transactions. PayPal has a very stringent and mysterious credit card policy, aimed at fraud prevention, and sometimes it declines to accept valid cards.
- If you are trying to pay with a card and it is being refused, first double check all the information you entered. In most cases, the problem is a simple data error. Make sure you use the billing address and phone number on file with the credit card company and there are no typos.
- If you have a PayPal account that the card is linked to, PayPal might assume your card has been stolen. Try logging into your PayPal account, then paying with your card.
- If your information is valid and you do not have a PayPal account, then unfortunately you will need to pay with another credit/debit card or send us a check. If your payment is time sensitive, give us a call and let us know that you tried to pay online and your check is on the way. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Do I have to renew online?
- Because most of our member benefits and event registrations are web-based, we strongly encourage you to renew your membership online.
- However, if this is a hardship, you may contact Shawn Masters (517.485.3588) to apply by phone or paper form.
How do I add a contact/employee for my organization?
- If you are the primary contact (see above) you can add more people to your “bundle” (organization) when you renew. Select Add Bundle Members when prompted and enter their information. Contacts must use their email address to log in to the CEDAM website.
- You can add a new person to your bundle at any time by logging into your profile.