CEDAM Board of Directors
CEDAM 2021 Board Election: Seeking nominations
CEDAM is currently seeking nominations for our Board of Directors! Nominations must be submitted by March 15, 2021.
About the Board: CEDAM’s board of directors has eighteen members. Twelve are CDC-class members from each of CEDAM’s six geographic regions, and six are at-large members from any membership class and region. Board members may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms (there is no lifetime term limit), starting in June annually, and nine seats are up for election by the full CEDAM membership each spring.
Eligibility: Board members serve a two-year term, and a board member may serve up to three consecutive full terms. In order to run for a regional CDC* representative position, you must be an authorized representative of a CDC that is a 2021 CEDAM member in good standing. Candidates who run for a regional seat but are not elected have the opportunity to run for an at-large seat.
*A CDC shall be defined as a Michigan nonprofit corporation that has qualified as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization as defined by the Code, involved in planning and implementing community housing and economic development activities, projects and programs in its community.
Commitment: Board members are expected to attend bimonthly meetings starting June 2021, serve on one or more CEDAM committees, attend the annual membership event, and generally be an ambassador for CEDAM and its members.
Organizational culture: CEDAM is committed to further diversifying our Board in terms of race, age, and expertise. We especially encourage nominations of emerging leaders, non-executive directors, and those with a passion for CEDAM, its members, and our mission.
By serving on the Board of Directors, you (or someone you know) will have the opportunity to expand your professional network and help advance Michigan’s community economic development field!
Current Board Officers
- President: Jeremy DeRoo, LINC UP (Grand Rapids) – Region 3
- Vice President: Charlotte Smith, LISC – Michigan Statewide (Kalamazoo), At Large
- Secretary: Luan Nguyen, Cinnaire (Lansing) – At Large
- Treasurer: Al Martin, Hart House Bed and Breakfast (Hart) – At Large
- Past President: Kirsten Elliott, Community Housing Network, Inc. (Troy) – Region 5
- Michelle LaJoie, Community Action Alger Marquette – Region 1
- Chris Byrnes, Mackinac EconomicAlliance – Region 1
- Kris Brady, Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency (Traverse City) – Region 2
- Tony Lentych, Traverse City Housing Commission (Traverse City) – Region 2
- Bonnie Gettys, Barry Community Foundation (Hastings) – Region 3
- Toby Berry, Community Action Agency (Jackson) – Region 4
- Rawley VanFossen, Capital Area Housing Partnership (Lansing) – Region 4
- Brad Michaud, Venture, Inc. (Pontiac) – Region 5
- Christine Bell, Urban Neighborhood Initiatives (Detroit) – Region 6
- Linda Smith, U SNAP BAC (Detroit) – Region 6
- Kwaku Osei, Cooperative Capital (Detroit) – At Large
- Libby Palackdharry, Wayne Metro Community Action Agency (Detroit) – At Large
- Essence Wilson, Communities First, Inc. (Flint) – At Large