CEDAM Board of Directors
Dennis West, former president of Northern Initiatives and founding CEDAM board member, has retired! CEDAM is seeking nominations from region 1 (Upper Peninsula) to run for our board of directors in a special election. Please email Emily Reyst at email@example.com for more information or if you are interested in running for this seat. The election opens July 10, 2020.
Current Board Officers
- President: Jeremy DeRoo, LINC UP (Grand Rapids) – Region 3
- Vice President: Charlotte Smith, LISC – Michigan Statewide (Kalamazoo), At Large
- Secretary: Luan Nguyen, Cinnaire (Lansing) – At Large
- Treasurer: Al Martin, Hart House Bed and Breakfast (Hart) – At Large
- Past President: Kirsten Elliott, Community Housing Network, Inc. (Troy) – Region 5
- Michelle LaJoie, Community Action Alger Marquette – Region 1
- Kris Brady, Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency (Traverse City) – Region 2
- Tony Lentych, Traverse City Housing Commission (Traverse City) – Region 2
- Bonnie Gettys, Barry Community Foundation (Hastings) – Region 3
- Toby Berry, Community Action Agency (Jackson) – Region 4
- Rawley VanFossen, Capital Area Housing Partnership (Lansing) – Region 4
- Emily Doerr, Metro Community Development (Flint) – Region 5
- Christine Bell, Urban Neighborhood Initiatives (Detroit) – Region 6
- Linda Smith, U SNAP BAC (Detroit) – Region 6
- Kwaku Osei, Cooperative Capital (Detroit) – At Large
- Libby Palackdharry, Wayne Metro Community Action Agency (Detroit) – At Large
- Essence Wilson, Communities First, Inc. (Flint) – At Large
About the Board: CEDAM’s board of directors has eighteen members. Twelve are CDC-class members from each of CEDAM’s six geographic regions, and six are at-large members from any membership class and region. Board members may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms (there is no lifetime term limit), starting in June annually, and nine seats are up for election by the full CEDAM membership each spring.
Board members are expected to attend bimonthly meetings, serve on one or more CEDAM committees, attend the annual membership celebration and generally be an ambassador for CEDAM and its members. If you are a current CEDAM member and are interested in running for a board position, please contact Luke Forrest.