We’re excited to announce that CEDAM is celebrating 10 years of hosting AmeriCorps programs! Throughout the year, we’ll be interviewing alumni, highlighting current members, and sharing the impact our members have on their communities. To kick things off, check out these 10 fun facts about CEDAM’s AmeriCorps programs:
- More than 250 Michiganders have served with CEDAM’s AmeriCorps programs since inception
- CEDAM’s AmeriCorps started as a pilot project through the Michigan Coalition to End Homelessness (MCAH) and Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA). CEDAM took on the program in 2009 after the successful pilot year.
- During the first official program year, CEDAM’s AmeriCorps members provided foreclosure prevention services to more than 15,000 Michigan residents.
- In 2016, CEDAM’s AmeriCorps VISTA program was launched in partnership with Michigan Main Street and Council of Michigan Foundations.
- 41% of our AmeriCorps members currently serving served at least one AmeriCorps term prior to joining our team this year.
- Three of CEDAM’s current staff members are AmeriCorps alumni.
- Since inception, CEDAM’s AmeriCorps members have provided more than 55,000 Michigan residents with financial stability services including hosting financial education workshops and providing foreclosure prevention education.
- CEDAM’ss AmeriCorps members have recruited more than 1,500 volunteers to build capacity within their organizations.
- AmeriCorps is a great launch pad for your career! Among the ranks of our alumni are current executive directors, program managers, and lawyers.
- 100% of exiting CEDAM AmeriCorps members said that if given the option to go back in time, they would choose to serve in AmeriCorps again.
Excited to learn more? Follow along this year!